BACKGROUND: Laser therapy is an exciting new modality however it can be confusing for novice users. This course is designed to address the most common questions posed by doctors and explore all aspects of laser and light therapy including basic science, research and technical specifications of therapeutic laser/light devices. It goes beyond the “didactic” to include practical and clinically relevant treatment techniques and protocols for doctors to take back to clinic and being using immediately.
This introductory course in Laser/Light Therapy explores the scientific and clinical applications as it relates to current practice. Evidence based research is presented to support the use of this new modality. Additionally, practical and clinically relevant treatment techniques and protocols for commonly treated clinical conditions will be presented and demonstrated to ensure doctors are confident and capable of safely and effectively implements laser/light therapy into their office.
The Learning Lab is intended to teach the basic techniques and methods associated with clinical applications of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). Participants will have the opportunity to get hands on, practical experience with this new modality. Areas of focus include techniques on how to reduce pain, eliminate swelling and sedating spasm. Ample time will be provided for students to ask questions and develop readiness in use. A brief interactive discussion on implementing LLLT into practice will conclude the lab.
- Understand the basic photochemical and photobiological reactions to laser/light therapy, and all basic light therapy parameters necessary for successful clinical outcomes
- Participants will be exposed to the basic mechanisms of laser therapy and review the latest evidence for practice.
- Understand the relationship between power, frequency and dose as it relates to laser therapy and the “Impossible Dose” Dilemma
- Review current, relevant and evidence based literature as it relates to the efficacy of laser therapy in clinical settings
- Participants will perform basic laser therapy techniques to enhance outcomes.
- Implement and explore treatment methods including pain reduction, the elimination of swelling and sedating spasm.
- Participants will explore the role of laser therapy in the clinical practice and discuss strategies for reimbursement and proper documentation of laser therapy.
12 CE Hours
NC Board Approved!
$249 per DC
*Rate goes up to $299 week of seminar
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Registrations are fully refundable up to 1 week prior to the date of the seminar. Within 1 week of a seminar,
fees are nonrefundable.
We make every effort to not cancel a seminar. However, if there are less than 20 doctors registered for a seminar one week prior to the date of the seminar, Fetterman Events may opt to cancel or reschedule the seminar. If this happens, each registered doctor will be notified via email and any registration fees paid will be refunded in full unless the doctor chooses to attend a rescheduled seminar or switch to a different seminar altogether. Once a seminar has reached the minimum 20, it will be indicated on this website.
Fetterman Events reserves the right to change topics and/or speakers if absolutely necessary. Registered doctors will be notified if this change is to occur as soon as possible and attendee will have the option to opt out of the seminar. If a change is necessary, we will ensure that the change includes CE approval.